Cloud SMS play.google.com.cloudsms
Tired of putting down your Android tablet to check a new SMS on your phone? Me too. Cloud SMS is run on both your phone and tablet to allow you to send and receive SMS messaging from your tablet. My design goal was to build upon the stock Android Messaging app feel, with simplicity in mind.
This app works over the Internet and does not require bluetooth, does not share (or transmit) your contacts, and even hashes your account email for added security. All messages are transmitted over HTTPS with a high level of encryption for an added measure of security and privacy.
- Install and run on tablet.
- Install and run on phone.
- All done – send your first SMS from your tablet!
Looking to send a message to a phone number instead of a contact? *
Open Settings and change the Contact List Style to Contact Search / Number Entry. This option allows you to choose a contact by name with auto-complete, or by entering a phone number for the recipient.
- You will need to have the same Google account on both devices. If you have multiple accounts, you may have to select the correct account in settings.
- MMS is not supported at this time, but will be added in the future.
What’s in this version : (Updated : Feb 17, 2013)
- Added DashClock Extension for Cloud SMS! – To enable Cloud SMS in DashClock, simply add the extension to the widget or lockscreen.
- Disabled Slide Animation for Android 4.x consistency, and added a setting to re-enable it if desired.
- Updated contact icon to modern unknown contact icon.
- Fixed crash on Kindle Message Quick Reply Pop-Up.
- Fixed UI flash when started on boot.
- Fixed height of Message Reply text field.
- Other UI Tweaks and rare crash fixes.
Download : 366Kb APK